Thursday 14 June 2012

I Found Another Handbag


Argh - I've found another hand bag ,this time a clutch that ticks all the box's for me and trends today - touch pricey but...

It's the Valorie clutch bag by Anya Hindmarch - a great British designer!

I love handbags as any of my friends will tell you and I have one in every colour as i do glasses!!

But handbags not only have to look stylish, upto date and impressive, they also have to be practical, otherwise they are not worth anything at all and will end up sitting in a cupboard
First of all, unless they are a clutch bag, they have to be able to go over my shoulder comfortably and not ruche up the clothes i’m wearing, they should

have room to carry life's neccessities including all shapes and sizes of phones, ipads and shoes, nappies, tights, spare batteries... I digress
but they need to be appropriate for the occasions you use them, and so no lady can get away with only one bag, there has to be a few of them -

unless you use the Mitch Bag! Read on to find out why ...

Plea to British Handbag Designers
I have a plea for British designers out there could you please come up with an equivalent to the American Mitch bag, this, if you are not aware does the opposite of those handbag interiors that you swap from bag to bag which I've never quite got the hang of, which is a shame because my bags can look like the list above!! 

Magnetic Shells!

It works in a simple way, one handbag but you change the outer of the bag which has strong magnets in it so the outer is changed in a second and the bag changes colour, shape and pattern just by changing your exterior, all the rest of your mess stays put.

Easy!

 - so any British designers please take note.

Handbag Style Tips

At the beginning of every season the easiest bag to try and find is a multi coloured bright funky bag that will work with any of your clothes, think buttons, sequins or patches dependant on your taste. 

Then find an evening bag to match your jewelry (usually gold or silver) eg a large clutch bag but with the added benefit of a strap that you can tuck away but that can be used if necessary ( think glass of champagne and nibbles!)

All I have to do now is discover whether the Valorie bag has a hidden strap and if so start saving my pennies!



Written by BFW's Sally Inkster.


Follow Sally on Twitter @DivaDressing
View her website at: Diva Dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment